Sunday, August 9, 2009

Stitching News

I finished my HOE "Summer House" project and got it mailed. I forgot to take a picture of it (again!) because I was rushed.

I have to finish my biscornu from June as well as make one for July and August. I'm out of the competition for the prize but I still want to complete my dozen. I gave one away as part of a birthday bag, so I'll only have 11 in my "basket."

I'm still transferring floss from cardboard bobbins onto plastic ones. I need to buy more plastic ones to finish.

I am not going to stitch any Christmas presents this year. I'm buying West Virginia-made crafts from a local artisan center. I'm going to concentrate on stitching ornaments and seasonal samplers for house decoration. I have a big Prairie Schooler chart "Thanksgiving Comes Again" that I want to stitch, plus I want to get a dowel tree and have it filled with ornaments for Christmas. I saw a dowel tree on Etsy that I'd like.

No comments: