Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On A Rainy Day

It's a rainy autumn day here. I am almost finished with my HOE Stitcher's Choice Xmas Ornament, but I can't show pictures of it.

My materials for the HOE Xmas Box Exchange are on their way from a supplier. I need to go to Michael's this weekend and buy a box. I'd like to buy some Halloween and Christmas buttons as well, if they are not already sold out. It's been my experience that the store only stocks a certain amount and does not reorder them.

After I finish the Xmas ornie today, I plan to start an LK "Spooky Time." I stitched one for an exchange before, but not for myself.

I still need to buy some more candy before Sunday, our local trick-or-treat day. I'm only buying chocolates that I like, just in case it does not all get given out and I am stuck with finishing it off.

I purchased two books on sale from Crafter's Choice. One is a quilting book by Edyta Sitar: "Friendship Triangles," and the other is "Two-at-a-Time Toe-Up Socks," by Melissa Morgan-Oakes.


I want to make a book cover and a tote bag right away. I have lots of fabric stashed away and these two projects only require quilt batting, which I have. I don't have 100% cotton Aurifil thread, and need to see from where I can get it. I just love the clear directions and layout of Edyta's book.

I'm not starting socks until after I finish some hand knit fingerless mitts and other knitted projects.  I am behind on Christmas gift projects and need to make a detailed daily project list, so that I work some on each gift every day, or alternate days.

No comments: