Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 2011 Stitching

I am feeling much better and am determined to get as much stitching done as possible. I'm putting a special Jason brand vitamin E cream on the incision, both to hasten healing and to lessen scarring. Thank you for all of the prayers, good wishes, and the kind comments.

 I took a "gentle" walk today and snapped some photos of the beautiful spring blossoms. I missed the magnolias because I was hospitalized, and then it rained for days. They have finished blooming and are in full leaf.

 I just adore pink dogwoods!

Below is another of the spring-themed biscornus from The Floss Box. This is the back. I'm stitching it on white Monaco. This is to be part of a 3-piece needlework gift set: biscornu, fob, and scissors case.


The next picture is from the April 1989 Just Cross Stitch magazine. I have looked at this gorgeous butterfly for years and never gotten around to stitching it. Well, no more procrastinating for me! I only have one color of Balger blending filament (it calls for two), and so I will look for the required colors at Michaels or Craft2000. I'm stitching it on Aida because this will be framed for a friend. I'll stitch another (on linen) for myself.


And, last but not least, I've begun my Dimensions "Beautiful Bird."
Peacocks rule!

Have a good day!

2 comments:

JackieG said...

Hi Marie,
Could you please email me. I have a question for you about a stitched piece you did for Gabi?
Thanks,
Jackie

Brigitte said...

So good to know that you are feeling better by now.
Your two new projects look wonderful. Isn't it amazing what great designs we often find in the older magazines? Whenever I browse through them I find something that I want to stitch.