Monday, March 17, 2008

Chart Pack Questions

In the mail today I received a chart pack cross stitch pattern (a 2005 design from a modern design company) that I bought via eBay. This is not the first chart pack that I have purchased, and so I knew that I was not going to get a big leaflet-type chart. However, I was flabbergasted to open it and find that each of the printed components were just thin paper!

There are two reasons why I find it surprising that designers market their patterns like this. First, thin paper is not going to last long, even if placed in a plastic sleeve when not in use. Second, it is much easier to violate copyright and make an illegal copy of a chart that is black ink on copy paper.

Plastic bags come in all sizes. I wouldn't mind a xeroxed color picture of the finished design IF it were larger than what I received, so that I can see it better. The chart itself should be on folder or card stock so that it is durable. This chart was marked $6.50 retail. I'm glad that I was able to get it for less on eBay. Do you have an opinion on the quality of chart paper?

No comments: