My granddaughter was ill with a fever for two days, so it took me longer than expected to finish this project because I was taking care of her.
I completed my Hooked on Exchanging biscornu yesterday evening. I sewed the backstitch once around both squares and had to rip it out and sew it again because my color choice was wrong. This was my first biscornu. I think that next time I will sew the back stitch line with a strand of DMC pearl cotton floss, instead of regular embroidery floss, because the regular floss kept "hiding" beneath the linen threads. I found it difficult to go under for the whip stitch when I sewed the two squares together.
I'm quite taken by the sculptural beauty of this design--that is, how a flat square with four sides can become a three-dimensional object with eight edges! My granddaughter wants one, so we will figure out her color choices while I begin my pinkeep (already have the chart).