Monday, April 18, 2011

Surgery Successful

I was released Friday afternoon. The surgery was successful. The large tumor was removed and my main facial nerve wasn't cut. However, a smaller nerve was cut, and so my right lower face including the bottom of my ear is numb, permanently, I think. I can live with it.

I took a pic to send to family but will not post it here as I am not a pretty sight right now. The stitches will be removed this week, but I won't be allowed to do strenuous exercise for some time (no exercise bike, heavy straining, etc).

I did finish my PIF for Janet--it was a spring-themed biscornu from Emily Wilmarth at The Floss Box.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and good wishes. I was fortunate to have two excellent surgeons.

4 comments:

Carol said...

So happy to hear your surgery went well! Sounds like you have a wonderful and positive attitude about the numb area...good for you...
Hope you continue to feel better each day :)

Von said...

Great news about your successful surgery! Your numb area may get better over time too. :)

Jeanne said...

So glad you had a good outcome and hoping maybe the slight nerve damage may repair itself - sometimes they do. Hope you'll soon be back to doing the things you love.

Carol said...

wow, congratulations!!