Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eggless Pumpkin Pie

This is the pumpkin pie that I baked yesterday, along with some beautiful sunflowers that my daughter purchased at the store.
 I'm practicing recipes for Thanksgiving. This recipe is a vegetarian version of the Eagle Brand pumpkin pie recipe.

   Trillium's Eggless Pumpkin Pie

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 unbaked pie crust (single)

Place into a pie pan. (I used a non-stick metal one, not deep-dish, but regular depth).

Mix together:
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk (the full-fat variety)
1 15oz. canned pumpkin
3/4 teaspoon gr. cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon gr. ginger
1/8 teaspoon gr. cloves
1 T. cornstarch

Put into pie shell and bake at least 25 minutes at 350. You can then reduce to 325 degrees and finish baking until done. I don't have a crust protector, and have found that trying to put aluminum foil over the crust doesn't work for me.

Allow to thoroughly cool, so that it firms up.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did it turn out as compared to the original version?

Jan said...

Yes, curious about this one. It looks yummy.